Public institution „The Union of Disabled Social Enterprises“ (the UDSE) was established in 2010. It is a public non-profit institution whose main objective is the integration of disabled persons in the labor market by promoting social enterprise competitiveness for people with disabilities. In our opinion, a significant proportion of the people with disabilities could be employed, but that objective requires additional attention of government. Seeing pretty sharp restrictions of disabled social enterprises` development and work, the UDSE meets and sets itself new challenges. The main task is to form a supportive and fair opinion of public and the Government about the need to promote disabled social enterprises undertakings and successfully integrate them into the Lithuanian economy.
The UDSE goal is to become the best and most efficient associated structure in the country representing the interests of the Disabled Social Enterprises. We are dedicated to help disabled social enterprises to set up, expand and create new jobs and unite them for warranting of legal requirements, expectations and rights. We require and monitor that State would keep the laws and obligations which promotes development of disabled social enterprises. We lead to greater integration of disabled persons in the labor market and social life.
In fulfilling its mission, the UDSE is purposefuly creating and expanding the products and services of disabled social enterprises which are necessary for realization on the market. But it also:
• organizes and carries out union-owned businesses to encourage entrepreneurship and competitiveness of the projects;
• acts as an agent for social enterprises, and disabled job seekers in developing new and maintaining existing jobs;
• analyzes the market for procurement, carries out surveys of public authorities, promotes goods and services which are made by the organization‘s members;
• works with government agencies, defends the interests of the UDSE, provide them with analytical information about violations of the laws by which social enterprises are discriminated;
• controls products and services of disabled social enterprises that goods and services would meet needs and expectations of organizations which buy their goods and services;
• works with the institutions and organisations providing services of vocational rehabilitation for disabled people;
• cooperates with international organizations that carries out similar activities in order to adapt their practice in Lithuania.
Create a supportive environment for people with disabilities for intregration into the labor market through social enterprises.
To become the most important organisation which unites disabled social enterprises in Lithuania, having leverage to influence the environment, by which the integration of disabled persons in the labor market could be solved effectively and specifically.